1/3.5lb(approx.) - Sy Ginsberg Corned Beef Brisket
1 Head - Organic Green Cabbage
2lb Bag - Organic Carrots
2lb Bag - Organic Redskin Potatoes
1. Remove corned beef brisket from package and place in a dutch oven or large pot on your stovetop with sufficient water to cover the meat. For a more robust flavor, add desired amount of enclosed spice packet to water. We recommend adding the entire packet.
2. Bring water to a boil over medium-high heat
3. Once the water is boiling, reduce it to a simmer and cover. Simmer for approximately 2.5 – 3 hours or until firmly fork tender. Internal temperature should be at least 160° F for food safety; for optimal tenderness, cook to an internal temperature of 190° F.
4. With 15 minutes remaining, add to the pot your baby carrots and unpeeled redskin potatoes. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Remove the corned beef from your pot and transfer to a large platter. Cover and let rest while your vegetables continue cooking.
6. To your dutch oven or large pot, add 1 head green cabbage (uncored and cut into 8 wedges) to the other vegetables and simmer uncovered for an additional 15 minutes.
7. Once your vegetables have reached their desired tenderness, remove from pot with a slotted spoon and transfer to your platter. Slice corned beef brisket thinly across the grain and serve with vegetables for a complete and hearty meal