Chocolate Cake / Brownie Mix. 100% Michigan Made at Westwind Milling Company in Swartz Creek, MI.
- Add 2 egg yolks (save whites!), 1/2 cup butter & 1 cup milk to the entire mix. Thoroughly mix.
- Whip egg whites until firm & fold in.
- Add 1/2 cup walnuts, chocolate chips, etc (if desired)
- Bake in 9" x 9" pan at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean in center.
Chocolate Cake Recipe:
- First, add 1 tbsp. baking powder to the dry mix.
- Then, add 2 egg yolks (save whites!), 3/4 cup butter & 1 1/2 cups milk OR 2 cups plain yogurt to the cake mix. Mix thoroughly.
- Whip egg whites until firm, and fold in.
- Bake in pre-heated, 375 degree oven in 2, 8" greased and floured cake pans (or one 9 x 12) for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans.
- *Optional: Add 1 cup chocolate chips to dry mix before adding wet ingredients. Then, after baking, chill in fridge & frost with chocolate whipped cream!
Click here to learn more about Westwind.